Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about free proxy servers:
Proxy FAQ for beginners:
- What is a proxy server?
- Why I need to use proxy servers?
- How to setup my browser to use proxy?
- What is an anonymous proxy server?
- What is a free proxy server?
- Proxies Classification for “Dummies”
- Where to get and how to check proxy lists?
- Is the “anonymous proxy” I came across on the Internet really an anonymous one?
- Can a proxy make me anonymous to HotMail, Yahoo! Mail, etc, so that I can send anonymous e-mail?
- I have downloaded a free proxy server, but proxy doesn’t work, though it’s a successfully tested. What could be the reason?
- How to bypass a corporate proxy server?
Proxy FAQ for advanced users:
- Details about features of proxy (what can and what cannot proxy server)
- About proxy types:
- Proxy types comparsion table: HTTP, SOCKS and CGI proxy (anonymizers).
- What is HTTP proxy server?
- What is a SOCKS proxy server?
- What is CGI proxy (anonymizer)?
- Proxy anonymity:
- Proxy anonymity (transparent / anonymous / distorting / elite proxies)
- Check your proxy for anonymity or what can be known about you in the Internet.
- Anti-proxy: how to detect your IP if you are using an anonymous proxy?
- Proxy chaining:
- What is proxy chaining (proxy to proxy)
- How to create proxy chaining?
- E-mail and proxy:
- Sending and receiving e-mail through a proxy server
- How to check / send e-mail (in Outlook, Messenger, Pegasus, The BAT!, etc.) through proxy server?
- FTP through a proxy server: problems and solutions
- The program is not able to work with proxy. What should I do?
- Tunneling of SOCKS requests through HTTP proxy
- Socksification of programs
- How to configure my browser in order to use WPAD?
- What is Proxy Auto-Config file (PAC)?